Thursday, November 13, 2008

Every fat girls dream.....

About a month ago I went to my new Dr. (Primary Care), to get a routine physical. She put me on a great weight-loss drug because I can't seem to lose any of the weight I put on with Jacob. I had to go get some blood work done and make another appointment with her in 1 month.

So, fast-forward to today. I've lost 12 pounds (yeah!!!), and was hoping just to renew my prescription for my wonder drug. Well, it turns out that my labs came back with some problems. I've got hypothyroidism & something is going on with my liver (I don't know too much about this & have to make another appt.). I was doing some research on the thyroid issue, and it can really mess you up. It can cause weight gain, depression, lack of energy/exhaustion, and a lot of other problems. On one hand, I'm bummed that something is wrong with me, but on the other hand, maybe I'll start to feel a little more like me soon.

Sorry if this was way too much information for some of you!!

1 comment:

Adam and Michelle Bradbury said...

My sister has the same problem with her thyriod and she has found ways to control it with medicine. I am sure it is just nice to know what it up so you can move on.

I don't know what the deal is with me--maybe it was the whole turning 30 or having two babies super close--but I am having a hard time losing the weight with Calvin. Oh the joys of babies. Good thing they are so cute.

Good luck with it all.