Friday, June 6, 2008

Sleep is for the weak

That's what one of Jacob's onesies says, and unfortunately I am weak with no sleep. Last night Isabella woke up maybe 12 times and Jacob at least once every hour. Michael was in charge of Isabella, and I was with Jacob. This morning at around 6am, Isabella comes in and I tell her to come into bed with me. Of course she is burning up! I feel horrible that we didn't catch on last night that something was wrong. But, when you are running on empty, it's kinda hard to think rationally. So, this morning I loaded her up on meds, plopped her on the couch, and turned on the cartoons.

Jacob's sleep is another matter. Over the last week he has decided that the only place he wants to sleep is in our arms. Wouldn't be too bad if he weren't already over 20 lbs!!! He's not even 5 months old yet, and he's ready to suit up for football practice! You would think that all this lifting is making me incredibly strong, but I just feel weaker and weaker. You think not having a good night's sleep in over a year has something to do with that?

3 comments:

Anna Min said...

I'd say you're as witty as they come! Great pictures and oh my, 20 lbs! I swear I never started getting real tone in my arms until I started having children...children that got heavy really fast!
Thanks for sending the link to your blog!

ultralindsey said...

hey chickie.. sorry you are so tired... just one of the suckie things we have to go through as moms. i was lurking around your friends and familiys blog and came across chrissi's blog!!! crazy.. do you know them through the base?! did you know they are moving back to the states soon?! crazy small world eh?!
missing you! -J

Hannah said...

Oh man, over 20 lbs?? Erica only weighs like 26 and she's 2 1/2. Ha ha! But little Aaron is shaping up to be more like Jacob...maybe it's a boy thing?

I hope you get more sleep soon!