Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Garden


So, I figured that I needed to plant a garden since I now have a nice, big yard. Here is what I have planted: Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Yellow Squash, Zucchini, Eggplant, Bell Peppers, Onions, Sweet Potatoes & Tomatoes. Pretty nice, huh? Well, as of today, only a hand full of them are looking good. I'm going to have to do some research to figure out how to make it better.


You should have seen all the hard work Michael put into prepping the garden! First he had to dig up the sod. Then he used a pick.... Our soil here is like clay. Poor guy. His back was killing him for days. Then he finally went to Home Depot and rented a tiller. Lots of work. Hopefully I don't killing everything and make it all for nothing!

1 comment:

Anna Min said...

Way to go! I'm experimenting my first year with tomatoes...I planted some peppers too but then just days later, we had a frost and bad wind storm. I'm impressed my tomatoes made it, but the pepper did not. And I was not ambitious to retry.
I wish I had a tiller...I did all the soil prep...eeeya! We have nothing but clay here too!
Good luck with your garden!