Friday, September 19, 2008

Grams

My sweet grandma died early Sunday morning. I love her so very much. She lived to be 90 years old. I'm so very grateful that Jacob and I were able to visit with her only a week & a half before her passing.

The picture of her & Jacob in my previous post is the last picture ever taken of her. I try not to be so sad because I know these last couple of years have been so painful for her. I take great comfort in knowing where she is now, and that I can one day see her again.

My grandma never lived in the same town as me. It always took a plane ticket to see her. But I loved each and every visit. She taught me a lot of things that have become a part of my everyday life. She loved to entertain & cook, and she had the most beautiful garden. She was a world traveler, and always brought Justin and I trinkets from her trips. I remember one time she went to Hong Kong and brought Justin back a neat mask and a pretty fan for me. She also would take us on neat trips.

I have so many wonderful memories.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Jessica, I am sorry to hear about your Grandma passing-- I am so glad you were in tune and got out there to see her when you did. Talk to you soon. :)LOve, Cat